Team Ministry

Banns of Marriage

The legal preliminaries

If you live within our parish but are getting married elsewhere you'll need to have your 'Banns of Marriage' read by us.Wedding Rings

Please check which parish you live in. Parish boundaries can be a tricky thing and your parish church may not actually be your nearest church! To check which is your parish church, please click here and enter your postcode.

If you need your Banns called, please read on, and complete the form below.

Your Banns will be read in the appropriate church (All Saints', St Barnabas', St Michael's or St Peter's) for three consecutive Sundays, about 3 months before your wedding. We'll need to see you with ID evidence, so please try and give us as much notice as possible to get things ready in time.

ID evidence. Both of you will need to show your current British, EEA or Swiss passport together, with proof of address (recent utility bill, bank statement, driving licence, etc). If it is difficult to call into the Church Office you can scan the documents and email them to us from here.

If you haven't got a current British, EEA or Swiss passport please refer to this document to see what other forms of ID are acceptable.

Once everything's sorted we'll let you know where and when your Banns will be called. It's great to see you when your Banns are read, though we understand there may be a clash of dates between here and where you're getting married. This is fine and nothing to fret about. As we call your Banns, we will also pray for you both, for your wedding day and for your marriage.

There is a set fee for reading the Banns. We can advise you of this when you make contact. Once called, you'll need to collect the signed Banns Certificate. You'll need to pass this to the church where your wedding service will be.

If you have any further questions please contact us


Powered by Church Edit